Friday, March 16, 2012

Wedding Planning Progress

I promised back when I first shared the big news of my engagement to *A* that I would also update periodically with wedding plans.With the upcoming nuptials taking place this coming June, wedding planning is in full force and I couldn't be more excited for the big countdown.. under 100 days left until the big day :)

I think I can confidently say I have a lead on almost every piece of the wedding — now we're just making final decisions and buying the final things to put everything together. The major things of course (ceremony, reception venue, photographer, caterer) were all booked shortly after the engagement once the final date was confirmed. It is crazy how fast things start booking up. When I began calling vendors, some said they were booked all of 2012 and some, already in to 2013! Really, brides plan THAT far ahead! WOW.. you can tell I’m new at this :P (Hint: For girls who think they are going to get engaged sometime soon, maybe book your favourite photographer now, just in case? :P Haha)

We chose to get married in my small town church and then have the reception at my parent's farm. Having the wedding at the farm in the country has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl.. While it has been challenging at times to hold a wedding in the country (what, vendors won’t travel to a small town because its too far way?? No way :P Hastings isn’t THAT far way from civilization), it has at least been an awesome learning experience and it has been great to get to know vendors close to home and support “local” in someway.

The theme of the wedding we came up with is "Classy in the Country." As much as we're trying to keep with tradition and do things the "old fashion" way, we also want to enjoy the day in the country in a relaxed atmosphere with all the people we love.. and really, just have a good ol' fashion barn dance :)

So far, it has been a really awesome experience and my type-A organizing personality has totally loved planning this event :) I am actually amazed at how much I have learned in a few short months and the information I am retaining. Who would have thought :P Anyone need their wedding planned after mine is done? :)

I have to admit, it hasn't been all easy at times when your trying to plan a wedding 2 1/2 hours away and with how busy my job has been. A lot of weekends have been spent traveling to the farm to get one or two things accomplished. Sometimes I think that I'm not only looking forward to marrying my best friend in June, but I'm also looking forward to getting my life back :P My bedroom as it exists now in its current state is pretty much a wedding storage room with boxes everywhere.

As we get into the final stretch before the big day, we're just trying to savour the moment and enjoy the process before the big day comes so quickly. Weekends are already booked up and I can only imagine how fast things are going to fly by! Exciting yet scary at the same time :)

Happy Friday!

Pin It!

No comments: